Wichita Vision Institute, PA Receives 2023 Best of Wichita Award
Wichita Award Program Honors the Achievement
WICHITA January 30, 2023 — Wichita Vision Institute, PA has been selected for the 2023 Best of Wichita Award in the Doctor category by the Wichita Award Program.
Each year, the Wichita Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Wichita area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2023 Wichita Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Wichita Award Program and data provided by third parties.
About Wichita Award Program
The Wichita Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Wichita area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Wichita Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.
SOURCE: Wichita Award Program
CONTACT: Wichita Award Program
Tips For Eye Protection From Electric Screens – Shares Reena Patel, M.D., A ThreeBestRated® Eye Doctor, Wichita
Wichita, KS (PRUnderground) January 25th, 2023
Electronic screens are the first sight of the common man these days. From kids to golden-agers, people keep on swiping screens all day long. It is merely unavoidable to detach devices like smartphones and computers from our lives. We have become more dependent on technology for most of our day-to-day activities. Over time, technology can adversely affect the health of our eyes. We need to learn to use technology in a smarter way to help minimize ocular side effects. The 2023 ThreeBestRated® award winner Dr. Reena Patel, M.D. of Wichita Vision Institute is generous enough to educate us on common routines to take care of our eyes. They are as follows:
- Most people do not realize that their blink rate decreases from 20 times a minute to 6 times a minute when on electronic devices. Take sufficient breaks that allow your eyes to blink as it helps keep your eyes moist by reducing dryness and irritation.
- Eyes are not designed for continuous staring. Hence follow the 20–20–20 rule which means staring at an object that is at least 20 feet long for 20 seconds after 20 minutes of continuous focus on electric screens to keep your eyes healthy.
- Know the proper way to use mobile phones — always keep them at a proper distance from your eyes (commonly 8 inches); always have adequate light as the blue rays can affect your sleep patterns in dark conditions; adjust brightness, contrast and text size according to your needs.
- Don’t compromise on sleeping hours as restlessness can seriously affect the health of your eyes.
- Go for regular eye check-ups which help you to know your health condition and find any illness at the earlier stages. Don’t forget to follow proper eye hygiene.
- Double check the quality of screens you use and keep them clean to minimize eye strain.